Updated Pandemic quarantine measures to combat the COVID-19 in Northern Cyprus
The Ministry of Health of the TRNC has taken additional measures in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, which will enter into force on December 1.
- Extension of quarantine measures until December 31, 2020, inclusive.
- Countries previously classified into three categories A, B, C, depending on the risk category, when entering the country, will be merged into a single category from 01.12. Accordingly, all travelers entering the TRNC from abroad will be quarantined for seven days, subject to a negative PCR test, made no more than 72 hours before the boarding time. Also, at the end of the quarantine, it is necessary to pass an additional PCR test.
- Persons who come to the country for three days or less, except for South Cyprus, it is enough to present a negative PCR test result and the availability of return tickets for these dates. That makes it possible to stay in the country for three days without quarantine if the result of the PCR test at the airport upon arrival is also negative. For stays longer than three days, a 7-day quarantine is required. (Later, the Ministry of Health amended this paragraph, specifying that the rule works only for charter flights).
- Routine PCR screening will take place out on 28.11.2020-06.12.2020 for persons living in the TRNC and working or studying in South Cyprus (and their parents). To do this, you must submit an application at a pandemic hospital, fill out the attached form, and provide a supporting document from your place of work or study in South Cyprus. The above-mentioned persons can register from November 28, 2020, to December 6, 2020, including weekends (both dates) from 08:00 to 20:00.
- Persons living in the TRNC, working and studying in South Cyprus, can visit South Cyprus daily, providing a negative PCR test result obtained within the last ten days as of 7/12/2020.
- Persons who live in South Cyprus and work in the TRNC will be able to enter the country without quarantine daily by providing a negative PCR test taken within the last ten days as of 7/12/2020. Subject to the provision of a supporting document from the place of work.
- Persons who make daily trips to South Cyprus for treatment, education, and work will be able to enter without quarantine if they document this at the checkpoint. All other people who travel to South Cyprus, upon returning to the TRNC, will be quarantined for seven days.